The Online Manual is not a printed product, not a PDF and not a download.
Access this manual immediately on your internet browser on your mobile, desktop or tablet.
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a BMW 3-Series, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your BMW 3-Series. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your BMW 3-Series can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
E36 Saloon and Coupe; 316e, 316i, 318i, 320i, 323i, 325i and 328i.
Petrol: 4-cyl: 1.6 litre (1596cc), 1.8 litre (1796cc) and 1.9 litre (1895cc), inc. 16-valve.
6-cyl: 2.0 litre (1991cc).
2.5 litre (2494cc) and 2.8 litre (2793cc).
Does NOT cover features specific to Convertible. Does NOT cover Touring (Estate), Compact or M3. Does NOT cover E46 range introduced Sept 1998.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Routine maintenance and servicing
Chapter 2: Part A: 4-cylinder engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part B: 6-cylinder engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part C: General engine overhaul procedures
Chapter 3: Cooling, heating and ventilation systems
Chapter 4: Part A: 4-cylinder engine fuel and exhaust systems
Chapter 4: Part B: 6-cylinder engine fuel and exhaust systems
Chapter 4: Part C: Emission control systems
Chapter 5: Part A: Starting and charging systems
Chapter 5: Part B: Ignition system
Chapter 6: Clutch
Chapter 7: Part A: Manual transmission
Chapter 7: Part B: Automatic transmission
Chapter 8: Final drive, driveshafts and propeller shaft
Chapter 9: Braking system
Chapter 10: Suspension and steering systems
Chapter 11: Bodywork and fittings
Chapter 12: Body electrical systems Wiring diagrams Reference
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units