The Online Manual is not a printed product, not a PDF and not a download.
Access this manual immediately on your internet browser on your mobile, desktop or tablet.
F650CS 652cc 02 – 05
F650FL 652cc 00 – 01
F650 Funduro 652cc 94 – 00
F650GS (single) 652cc 00 – 07
F650GS Dakar 652cc 01 – 07
F650ST Strada 652cc 97 – 00
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Routine maintenance and servicing
Chapter 2 : Engine, clutch and transmission
Chapter 3 : Cooling system
Chapter 4A : Fuel system and exhaust – Funduro & ST models
Chapter 4B : Fuel system and exhaust – GS, Dakar & CS models
Chapter 5 : Ignition system
Chapter 6 : Frame and suspension
Chapter 7 : Brakes, wheels, tyres and final drive
Chapter 8 : Bodywork
Chapter 9 : Electrical system
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units
The idea behind the BMW F650 was to attract new, younger customers who, once they’d sampled the high-quality of BMW’s products and dealer network, would be likely to buy another.
But perhaps the most revolutionary aspect of the BMW F650 was its final drive: for the first time a BMW motorcycle did not have shaft drive. Heresy of heresies! It had a nasty, messy, inefficient chain. It didn’t matter; BMW sold over 30,000 F650s in the first three model years before introducing the more touring orientated ST, seen as a pure roadster where the original bike purported to have some off-road capability. Perhaps the most radical BMW F650 was the street version of the fuel-injected GS, the CS.
In this Haynes BMW F650 manual we will show you how to maintain and repair your BMW motorcycle with confidence and care.