By: Dave Pollard .
Covers the first-generation vehicles, 1970-1996.
Foreword by Charlie Thorn, editor of the Range Rover Register Review. With the aid of more than 900 step-by-step illustrations and explanatory text aimed at the DIY enthusiast, this book tells you:
- How to strip down and rebuild a V8 engine, with tuning hints and tips.
- How to repair and modify suspensions.
- How to carry out a full mechanical strip down and rebuild.
- How to replace and uprate interior trim and fit accessories.
- How to weld aluminium, with filling and painting techniques.
- Range Rover history.
- ‘Special’ Range Rovers.
- Advice on what to look for when buying a used Range Rover.
This book was compiled with the invaluable assistance of ADI Engineering, Dakar Cars, Goodyear Great Britain, Nationwide Trim, RH Engineering, RK Automotive, RPI Engineering, Sykes Pickavant and many other specialist concerns.