BMW 5-Series Diesel Repair Manual 2003 – 2010
The Online Manual is not a printed product, not a PDF and not a download. Valid for 36 months
Access this manual immediately on your internet browser on your mobile, desktop or tablet.
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a BMW 5-Series, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your BMW 5-Series. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your BMW 5-Series can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
BMW 5-Series Saloon (E60) and Touring (E61) with 4- and 6- cylinder turbo-diesel engines: 520d, 525d, and 530d.
Turbo-Diesel: 2.0 litre (1995cc), 2.5 litre (2497cc) and 3.0 litre (2993cc).
Does NOT cover new 5-Series (F10/F11) range introduced during 2010. Does NOT cover petrol models, 535d twin turbo diesel models, or models with xDrive transmission.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Routine maintenance and servicing
Chapter 2: Part A: N47 engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part B: M47 and M57 engines in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part C: General engine overhaul procedures
Chapter 3: Cooling, heating and ventilation systems
Chapter 4: Part A: Fuel and exhaust systems
Chapter 4: Part B: Emission control systems
Chapter 5: Starting and charging systems
Chapter 6: Clutch
Chapter 7: Part A: Manual transmission
Chapter 7: Part B: Automatic transmission
Chapter 8: Final drive, driveshafts and propeller shaft
Chapter 9: Braking system
Chapter 10: Suspension and steering systems
Chapter 11: Bodywork and fittings
Chapter 12: Body electrical systems, Wiring diagrams, Reference
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units