Volkswagen Golf & Bora Petrol & Diesel Repair Manual 2001 – 2003
The Online Manual is not a printed product, not a PDF and not a download. Valid for 36 months
Access this manual immediately on your internet browser on your mobile, desktop or tablet.
Complete coverage for your vehicle
Written from hands-on experience gained from the complete strip-down and rebuild of a Volkswagen Golf, Haynes can help you understand, care for and repair your Volkswagen Golf. We do it ourselves to help you do-it-yourself, and whatever your mechanical ability, the practical step-by-step explanations, linked to over 900 photos, will help you get the job done right. Regular servicing and maintenance of your Volkswagen Golf can help maintain its resale value, save you money, and make it safer to drive.
Videos included with this online manual
- Rear brake pads replacement
- Pollen filter replacement
- Front brake pads replacement
- Starter motor replacement
- Headlight bulbs replacement
- Battery removal & replacement
- Wiper blade replacement
- Fuel filter replacement
- Coolant replacement
- Fluid level checks
- Air filter change
- Rear light cluster bulbs replacement
- Rear shock absorber replacement
- Roadside wheel change
Golf Hatchback and Estate and Bora Saloon, including special/limited editions.
Petrol: 1.4 litre (1390cc), 1.6 litre (1595cc and 1597cc), 1.8 litre (1781cc) and 2.0 litre (1984cc) 4-cylinder, inc. turbo.
Diesel: 1.9 litre (1896cc) including turbo-diesel and “PD”.
Does NOT cover 4-Motion, R32 or Cabriolet models, or new Golf range introduced January 2004. Does NOT cover 2.3 litre V5, or 2.8 or 3.2 litre V6 petrol engines.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Part A: Routine maintenance and servicing – petrol models
Chapter 1: Part B: Routine maintenance and servicing – diesel models
Chapter 2: Part A: SOHC petrol engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part B: DOHC petrol engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part C: Diesel engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part D: Engine removal and overhaul procedures
Chapter 3: Cooling, heating and air conditioning systems
Chapter 4: Part A: Fuel and exhaust systems – petrol models
Chapter 4: Part B: Fuel and exhaust systems – diesel models
Chapter 4: Part C: Emission control and exhaust systems – petrol models
Chapter 4: Part D: Emission control and exhaust systems – diesel models
Chapter 5: Part A: Starting and charging systems
Chapter 5: Part B: Ignition system – petrol models
Chapter 5: Part C: Pre-heating system – diesel engines
Chapter 6: Clutch
Chapter 7: Part A: Manual transmission
Chapter 7: Part B: Automatic transmission
Chapter 8: Driveshafts
Chapter 9: Braking system
Chapter 10: Suspension and steering systems
Chapter 11: Bodywork and fittings
Chapter 12: Body electrical systems, Wiring diagrams, Reference
With a Haynes Online Manual in an online format you get all the trusted content of a printed manual, with additional features to help you get the job done. Take your entire manual with you on every journey.
- All colour step-by-step guides for over 200 jobs with 700+ photos
- Image zoom feature for close-up view of jobs
- Brand-new “how to” video tutorials covering key repair tasks
- Print complete sections to take with you into the workshop
- Troubleshooting section – quickly find the cause of a problem
- Colour wiring diagrams help track problems quickly and easily
- Easy search feature – find your job fast
- Dictionary of automotive terms
- Quick links to popular DIY tasks and other jobs linked to your task
- Conversion calculator – imperial and metric units